Hospice Patient Care Volunteer Training
Hospice Patient Care Volunteers provide direct non-medical service to individuals living at the end of life and their caregivers.
This training is provided to prepare Patient Care Volunteers for service.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to Hospice Philosophy & Care
- Compassion and Communication
- Spiritual Aspects of Death and Dying
- The Hospice Team, Individuals & Family
- Hospice Caregiving: Illness and Ethics
- End-of-Live Caregiving: Comfort Care
- Bereavement: How We Grieve
- Funerals & Memorials
- Practical Matters, Policies & Procedures
Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County is a Maine state-licensed volunteer hospice agency, serving the community both independently and in partnership with medical hospice programs. This training program provides education, skills enhancement and personal development, preparing participants to join our team of patient care volunteers. Application and pre-training interviews are required. Fee for training is $75. Applications are available on-line (download registration form here) or by calling 667-2531.