Our Fundraising Events
Shining the Light on What's Possible
At 35 Years Strong,
Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County remains committed to serving our neighbors with compassionate care and comfort, free of charge.
- In the past year, our volunteers:
- Served 162 hospice patients and families,
- Provided nearly 1000 acts of bereavement support to those who are grieving,
- Sang for 52 patients and families through the Evensong singers,
- Participated in educational outreach bringing needed awareness to those we serve.
- We also offer these supportive services:
- our Equipment Sharing program,
- our Veterans and Caregivers Outreach Program,
- our Healing and Meditation Gardens.
- Did you know?
- We do not charge for our services.
- We do not receive state or federal support.
- We raise over 75% of our operating budget through gifts from our community. Thank you!
“Thank you for your wise, helpful, and encouraging communications during the first year (following my husband’s death). So much gratitude to you and all the truly special people who volunteer for Hospice.”
~ from a recent participant in our Bereavement Services program.
“I was a very active volunteer in the 1980s. I think I received more from the experience than I gave. I truly enjoyed being able to help in time of need.”
~ from a note accompanying a recent financial gift.
“We can’t thank you enough for the comfort, joy and love you brought to our Dad. He rallied for the occasion and your presence and songs shed a warmth and peace on us all.”
~ from the family of a patient for whom Evensong recently sang.